I'm sorry if it reeks of sarcasm in here. Reeking like an animal control vehicle picking up road kill on a scorching mid-summer's day (in Arizona, during monsoons. This is where Webster composed his definition of rotten).
It's all I can do to keep my eyes open now. I just forced myself to endure another episode of 'Smash'.
Every scene is trite and predictable, every story line is trite and predictable, every character reaction is trite and predictable, every music number is trite and predictable, the entire show is trite and predictable! Why do I force myself to sit through such monotonous, shitty garbage TV?
Why?
Why why why?
I will admit, it's because of their ties to Marilyn.
Typing that just now made me nauseous and made me feel like a complete traitor! This will be the last episode I watch of this steaming pile of vomitous, crap TV that I ever force myself to sit though.
It's enough that Monday's suck ass (yet another trite predictability) but why end such a day by masochistically chaining myself to the couch, duct taping my eyes open (whilst rolling them at every scene), bracing my head at an angle where I have to see the television and cuffing my hands down so I can't plug my ears? Because of the love I feel for my dear girl.
I
HAVE
HAD
ENOUGH!
Enough of the exploitation! Enough of the wretched, desperate, grasping ties to Marilyn (I have picked up on EVERY one of them... snore... yawn... can you hear my eyes rolling?) that lure the less educated to this show. It is due to my over 25 years of research and exploration of the person behind the legend that I despise the premise of this show.
Anyone who has a working brain and who can thoughtfully and logically process the infinite volumes of information available about Marilyn, anyone who has a human heart and soul and who wants to be remembered as the person they strove so hard to become would be insulted, yes... nauseated at the mere thought of being portrayed as Marilyn is in this show.
Megan Hilty, you are gorgeous, talented and have a voice I would sell my soul for, but Marilyn?
YOU
ARE
NOT!!!!
I know you're doing your job, but this is not good. Forgive me for saying so, but this is just not right. Is it that you're being directed to portray Marilyn as a campy, dumb, flouncing, floosy (whoever this director asshat is needs to learn how to read an actual book, not a website (haven't you heard? not everything on the internet is true? <:-O)? Have you read anything besides the prescribed information you're handed about Marilyn? I'm not going to recommend anything - your job is to research, process and portray the best and most accurate information available about a character you're playing and perform, to the best of your abilities, your interpretation of this character.
Tone it down honey! Forego the belting, the 'jazz hands' and eye-rolling, cupie-doll schmaltz that you're depending on (or being directed to play)!
Marilyn was a character, yes... she was, above and beyond that character, A HUMAN BEING! Like you, she wanted to be a great actress, aspired to be taken seriously and regarded and exhaulted more for her acting talent than for her looks. Keep this up and your trite and predictable fate will be that of just another gorgeous blonde, who can sing, act (a little) and who'll do 'anything required' to be taken seriously.
Look in the mirror and see 'Marilyn' staring back... think about it. Thoughtfully plan with integrity and respect how you proceed.
Yikes! One would think you really, really, really like Marilyn! I wish Megan or the "powers that be" could read your rant and learn a thing or two.
ReplyDelete