This is just about the most awesomest thing I've cooked up in my lab... I mean kitchen. (click link to follow spicy commentary).
I'm not a candy maker. The thought of handling lava temperature sugar terrifies me. However, after my most recent attempt at making ginger snaps and the banana-cranberry-oatmeal muffins (spiked with ginger), I figured that it was time to throw caution to the wind, 7 or 8 beers down my gullet and dive head first into ginger candy land.
As I am a devoted student of the master, Alton Brown, and having seen nearly every episode of Good Eats, I knew his recipe would be easy to follow and pretty much idiot proof. The recipe can be found here: Candied Ginger
I'm not an idiot in the kitchen - I pride myself on being able to skillfully create delicious dishes with little to no blood-shed, singeing of skin or loss of eyebrows. I am a novice at candy making and dealing with sugar napalm.

No comments:
Post a Comment