Luckily for some there are times when the universe cuts one a break and allows complete contentment. I hope those among us in the know are able to recognize those moments, revel in and appreciate them. As I am appreciating one of those moments right now.
The work week was typical, i.e. everyone needs everything right now, if not the day before. After work was also typical... meet friends after work and have some beers, get home, have dinner, attempt to decompress and heartily wish for a good (uninterrupted) night's sleep. Maybe, take some time to get in touch with those for whom one cares the most, get lost in conversation with them for a couple hours then dive, head first, into bed. It's a lovely evening.
Today was exceptional for no special reason other than I'm at peace and feel relatively few magnets pulling their requirements of me from my existence.
There is the skeptic persona within who's warning me to revel in the quiet before the storm. And there's the placid persona within who is assuring me that taking this time to revel in the quiet before the storm is essential, a must, and I'd better take advantage before there's some kind of 'event'.
I'm listening to the placid one, at the moment and have told the skeptic to sod off for the time being. We'll meet later and take care of business, now is not the time.
Mind you, I'm a Gemini and am very aware and accepting of the dual personas existing within. There are constant duels between the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other - both have megaphones and neither wants to compromise, yet one always seems to have the upper hand. Both really enjoy a few beers and the elimination of caring that comes after enjoying a few - that's when they really get along.
And there you have it. Time to check out.
No comments:
Post a Comment